Careers at Legacy Pets
Why Work for Legacy Pets?
• The chance to be the face of a triple Award Winning Pet Crematorium
that has a 100% 5* review record, because of our teams willingness to treat
every customer and their pets like VIPs.
• A friendly and inclusive work environment, where everyone’s ideas and
opinions are valued.
• The chance to learn new skills and progress your career as the
• Attend exciting Events and regular Team Building outings
MOBILE CARE TEAM
Due to our continued success and growing reputation, we are looking to add a Part Time Driver to our 5* Team. 25.5 Hours Per Week. Some Weekends will be required as well as 1 evening On Call per week. (We can be flexible regarding days during the week, but weekend availability is a MUST on this occasion.) You will also be required to work On Call one evening per week where you could earn up to £80.00 addition per job.
The successful applicant will also be provided with full training in our Customer Service and Cremation Departments which will allow them the knowledge to work in all departments if required by the Company. You will take an active role in the business on-call facility where necessary. Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
This role is a permanent Full Time position with a starting rate of £10.42p/h, 35 hours per week over 4 days, with overtime available.
Driver Responsibilities Include:
• To carry out collections and returns of deceased pets from customers’ homes as well as veterinary surgeries as necessary using our vehicles.
• To be the face of Legacy Pets to all customers and members of the general public and to ensure high levels of professionalism are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure that all pets’ collections and returns to Owners/Vets are carried out in a dignified, compassionate, caring way complying with all policies and procedures.
• Attend homes and veterinary surgeries and deliver excellent customer care following Legacy Pets procedures when collecting pets or returning pets ashes, ensuring clients are aware of all their options and they can give their loved ones the send off they deserve.
• Answer any clients questions/ queries/ fears in a calm and soothing manner.
• Complete and check all paperwork and ensure it is completed accurately and handed over to the Pet care team immediately on arrival back to the crematorium.
• Communicate with the Transport Manager to ensure that excellent planning is in place for customer visits, deliveries and other work.
• When driving adhere to all road safety laws and drive in a professional and courteous manner, which reflects positively on the company.
• Inspect your vehicle each day to ensure it is roadworthy.
• Report any damage or defects to vehicles immediately to the Transport Manager.
• Ensure that your vehicle has all the necessary equipment and paperwork on board so that you can carry out collections and returns meeting Legacy Pets standards and procedures.
• Keep your vehicle clean inside and out to ensure that Legacy Pets is always represented in the best possible way.
• Complete Vehicle checklists & daily recording of vehicle condition
• Collect payments and issue receipts, where required.
• Work as part of the wider team to assist with other duties within the business where required.
• Full UK Manual driving license. (Required)
• Experience of professional driving. (Preferred)
• Clean Driving license. (Preferred) (Maximum 6 Points may be considered)
• Familiarity with SatNav devices or ability to read maps. (Required)
• Knowledge of North West, particularly the Greater Manchester area. (Preferred)
• Ability to lift up to 25kg alone, comfortably. (Required)
• Availability to work weekend and evening/night shifts and be flexible (Required)
• A polite, professional and respectful disposition. (Required)
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations. (Required)
A background in the Veterinary or similar industry is advantageous but not required.